Monday, June 16, 2014

Oklahoma Memorial Union - Brad Lawson


A building from my past that I often think about is the University of Oklahoma memorial union. The building is one of the oldest on campus and gives off a sense of history in a State that is relatively young compared to the rest of the world. The building has been used for a myriad of events and still serves as a hub for OU’s social functions. I recently have found out that OU’s administration had intentionally not allowed individual colleges to have coffee shops, so that the Union could still act as a place of interaction for students from all across OU. I also took a Ghost tour of OU recently and discovered that there is scandalous history as well. The building helps put me at ease so that I can relax and study. The courtyard around the back is also very unique in that you don't see many in buildings around Oklahoma. My favorite part of the building it’s sense of history and lasting power.

- Brad Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment