Friday, June 20, 2014

Random Building in Dahuk, Iraq - Daniel Hale

I don't know what the red building in the foreground is other than it looks like it's a business of some sort.  But what I found interesting was how much more modern Dahuk, and really the rest of the Kurdish region, was from what I used to seeing in Iraq.  If you look at the full size of the image, you can see modern-looking office buildings, what appears to be some apartment buildings, and even a stadium.  It was a beautiful area up that far north in Iraq.  What I remember most about this trip was first we stopped at an Iraqi Army base close to Tikrit just after 9 a.m. and it felt like it was already 110-115 degrees.  A few hours later landing in Dahuk, it was in the 80s with a nice breeze.  The few trips I got to take up that way were the best part of the year I spent there.

No comments:

Post a Comment