Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ripley's Believe it or Not (Branson, MO)--Erika Graham


Another interesting building located in Branson, MO is the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum. This wacky building first caught my eye as we were driving into the city. The museum itself completely stands out from its surroundings and almost seems surreal when you look at it. The fact that they constructed it to look like a rundown building whose foundation is compromised and could come falling down at any second is really unique. In a sense, the museum “defies gravity,” which I feel is what makes those who pass by do a double take. The whole building capitalizes on “the shock factor” to bring visitors in. "Shocked" is exactly what I felt the first time I saw it and every time I look at it I feel as if I’m staring at a work of art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment