Sunday, June 29, 2014

White's Chapel United Methodist Church- Chase Ossenkop

White's Chapel United Methodist Church is a church located in Southlake, Texas. After moving to the area after kindergarten, my family spent several weeks looking for a church to attend. Eventually, we found this church. We started going every Sunday and pretty soon we felt at home. The community was amazing and we got involved with groups and activities that the church provided. My family ended up spending a lot of time in this building and I have some very fond memories of the hours we spent here each week. This is also where I got Confirmed and where we go to Easter and Christmas services with some of our extended family. Every time I see this building, my mood brightens. It is a beautiful building, not only for the memories it holds, but it is also a work of art. The building has a large sanctuary with huge stained glass windows and windows in the dome to let natural light in. The building expands to the left into the kids area and the connecting wing is actually the original chapel, which I think is really cool. Walking inside this building is like a breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment