Monday, June 23, 2014

Solider and Sailor Monument, Indianapolis - Zach Brinlee

This is the Solider and Sailor Monument in downtown Indianapolis.  During the Christmas season lights are strung from the monument to make a tree.  This is a site that people from all over come to see.  The monument itself is a beautiful piece of architecture that was made for all the service men and women that have come out of Indiana.  I spent 6 years of my childhood here, so every Christmas we would venture to downtown and watch "the lighting of the tree".  This is one of my favorite memories from Indiana.  I hope that everyone has a chance to make it to downtown Indianapolis, because it has some great monuments to visit.  I have included a picture of the monument during the day without lights.
Soldiers and Sailors Monument


No comments:

Post a Comment