Thursday, June 19, 2014

Washington University St. Louis, MO. By: Noha Shariff




I have always had great interest in University campus architectures and one of my favorite is the Washington University style. I had no idea what the style was but I searched around and found that it resembles the old gothic architecture. From the videos we saw on gothic cathedrals I know see the pointed arches they used throughout the campus. This University is where many of my family including my father and two uncles studied here for a while back, and the last time I was bale to visit it I finally realized how greatly structured this campus is, I liked how rigid and strong the building were and the originality of the structure. I couldn't find many pictures of the University when I went to visit but was able to find this blurry picture we took at night. The other one displays the inside modernized gothic style that really caught my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment