Thursday, June 26, 2014

King Khalid International Airport Mosque- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. By: Noha Shariff


Im not sure if the weather was too dusty or I was just a bad photographer but this mosque was a breathtaking building. I see this as a big deal because I have seen many mosques in my life but this one was very different from what I know. This mosque is not very known because it located in the middle of a very busy airpot, yet even though 3 years have passed I still remember the visit as if it was yesterday. The shell from the outside resembles a typical shape of a mosque but with a modern graphic touch to it. The second picture shows the front view of the mosque leading to a beautiful plaza of unique lamps and a the Saudi National symbol in the middle. The inside of the mosque was another story, the interior of it resembled the same architectural beauty of the great Turkish mosques, with the same lowered ceiling lamp and vast spaces fro prayer. This mosque was one of the most relaxing places I have ever been to from a long trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment