Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Transamerica Tower - San Francisco, CA BY: Jacob McCants





Transamerica Tower - San Francisco, CA

The first time I saw this building was a couple of months ago when I went with my mother, who was moving to the area, on a trip to look at houses before she decided to move out there. At first it struck me as odd when looking at it but after hearing about the design process they went through when building it, I thought it was really neat. When they were building the Transamerica they did so in a way that it was earthquake resistant. A lot of cross bracing was used in the construction. It looks awesome and is fun to go up in if you get a chance to visit. To me it looks like a compound bow arrow! Great views from inside too! Seeing the building reminded me that there are a lot of cool things that I still have not seen in the world!

By:  Jacob McCants


No comments:

Post a Comment