Monday, June 16, 2014

Meyer Meat Service - Daniel Hale

I don't know any of the history of the company or this building but I've been intrigued with it for a long time.  As long as I can remember it hasn't been opened for business.  It's located on the northwest corner of Porter Ave., and Rock Creek Rd., across the street from a 7-11.  I don't think there's really much to its architecture.  Underneath the wearing white paint, it looks like it's probably cinderblock exterior.  On the side of the building not shown, there is sheet metal along part of the building so I'd guess an addition was made at some point without trying to make it look original.  The tract of land seems like it's a nice size in a mostly developed area so I am surprised it hasn't been bought up and torn down to make room for a new commercial building.  While it is a sad sight to see nothing there, I think I would be more sad to see it destroyed to make room for another gas station or something of the sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment