Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Texas State Capitol Building- Chase Ossenkop

I was born and raised in Texas, and I am definitely a proud Texan. The Texas State Capitol Building encompasses the beauty of Texas. It is a gorgeous building, and it is located in a park location in the city of Austin, Texas. The doors of the building are grand, and walking inside is quite the experience.

Last summer I took the opportunity to take road trips every weekend to places around the United States, and one weekend I went down to Austin to explore. I ended up getting food from a food truck for dinner and eating it on the front steps of the Capitol. It was a peaceful night and it is a very fond memory. After I ate my meal I went inside to explore. One of my future career goals is to be a politician, so walking into this building was truly exciting and I appreciated it more than the last time I visited when I was eight.

When you walk in, you find yourself in a round room with a domed top. Every floor has a walkway traveling the perimeter of the room with paintings. It is a beautiful space, and if you stand right on the center of the star on the floor in the domed space, the acoustics are very interesting. Traversing the halls you can see the offices of all the Senators. Every doorway has a plaque with a name on it. I spent at least three hours walking around this building alone and soaking it all in. It is truly remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment