Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Moore Public Schools Admin Building - Zach Brinlee



This is the Moore Public Schools Administrative Building.  I am currently working here one of the Superintendents for the construction process.  I came into this job knowing very little about what actually goes into the construction process of building a building.  I have only been designing parts of building, the structural framing for the most part.  From this I thought I had a pretty good idea of what the whole construction process encompassed but now I see the larger picture.  I am dealing with the Architect, Jim Hodges on a daily basis.  I also have been working with the acoustics company, the masons, the electricians, the hardware people, the painters, the roofers, etc.   This has let me get a really good feel for what every trade does on a site and how they do it.  I believe that working at this building will give me a much better understanding of the line between conception and building of structures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment