Thursday, July 3, 2014

Oklahoma Memorial Union | Norman OK






The Oklahoma Memorial Union has a special place in my heart. I've spent many a late night in there and have been a part of a myriad of events hosted there. I think the Union has grown a lot, and continues to grow. I think its slowly but surely becoming a place on campus that will connect individual students from all different backgrounds. The focus on students is evident as you walk through the building; from open food courts to student-related offices -- all of it is designed to engage students. The Union is also a very adaptable building. Rooms like the GRAs (Graduates, Reagents, and Associates) can be reconfigured to be one large room and even that room can open up to the Molly Shi Ballroom. It creates a very vast space. Couple this with coziness  of Beaird Lounge and you have a very dynamic interior. As for the outside, I think the Union really shows off at night. Its one of my favorite buildings to look at after the sun goes down. The glow of the clock tower coupled with the lights of Beaird Lounge really set this building apart.

-Jordan Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment