Thursday, July 3, 2014

Murrah Monument - Nathaniel Ashley


Above is a picture of the outside part of the Murrah Bombing Monument in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I was only a child at the time, but I remember being able to feel the Earth shake that day when I was at my preschool. A few years later when the monument was built, I remember going up there with my parents. I remember seeing the sad looks on their faces and not understanding why they were sad, all I knew is something bad had happened. Years later, I remember coming home from school and turned on the TV to the news. That was the day the Twin Towers were taken down. I understood then how my parents had felt a few years ago. All of the pointless bloodshed around the world has helped set me on the path of correcting it and saving as many people as I can by helping anyone when they need it, and being strong enough for the times when people need someone to be strong for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment