Thursday, July 3, 2014

Moore-Lindsay House Justin Fulks

Moore-Lindsay House is on Peters St. in Norman.  Built in 1899, the Moore-Lindsay house is one of the oldest houses in Norman.  I really like the old style of architecture used in this house.  I'm sure most houses built around Norman in the early 1900's were not near as nice and fancy as this one.  I'm not really sure how to architecturally explain exactly what I like about this house, but I think the large round addition on the front of the house looks really cool and also the roof above that area. The whole house is hard wood floors, and it is filled with hundreds of artifacts from that time period.  The whole house is furnished with original antique furniture, pictures, books, appliances, ext.  I'm very nostalgic and things from the past interest me. The house is now owned by the City and it is used as a museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment