Thursday, July 3, 2014

Brookside Drive - Brad Lawson


The building that has affected the most throughout my life is the house that I grew up in. The house was designed for a man that used a wheelchair, so every door and hallway was extra-wide. I never realized how narrow most houses are until I moved out. The house is designed the shape of an X, with the garage, master bedroom, 2 spare bedrooms and living room in each corner of the house. The open kitchen in the middle of the house ties all the rooms together and provides a very efficient layout that I am surprised I have not seen in any other homes. While growing up here, I always despised the house and moved out the day I graduated high school. Years later I look back at the house as one of my favorite buildings and hope that I can have a home similar to it some day. 

~ Brad Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment