Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Parents' Home- Chase Ossenkop


I may not live with my parents anymore, but the house they recently moved into is absolutely perfect for our family. It has two extra bedrooms for me and my siblings to share for holidays, and plenty of space for parties to be held. The reason that this home is so perfect for my family is that my parents got to work one on one with the architect and contractors on the job to make sure that they could get exactly what they wanted.

One main thing my parents wanted was a large kitchen. Everybody in my family is a great cook, and we always spend large amount of time together in the kitchen. For every holiday, the kids come together to plan and cook a meal for the parents and whoever else may be visiting. It is so much fun. They also kept the entire downstairs as one large, open space. This allows us to be with each other and communicate regardless of whether we are cooking or sitting on the couch. While I do miss my childhood home, I love going home to visit my parents at their new home. It is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment