Thursday, July 3, 2014

Civic Center Music Hall - Brad Lawson


A building that I was pleasantly surprised with is the Civic Center Music Hall in Oklahoma CIty. While I have passed the building many times growing up in Oklahoma, I have never been inside the building and always thought it looked like a prison. In February I saw the musical Chicago at the venue and was immediately impressed with the entryway of the building. However, the most charming feature of the building is the actual auditorium that has wave like construction that is very aesthetically pleasing. The building provides a sense of professionalism and luxury without the appearance of a building that is gaudy or outdated. The cafe in building is tucked away in corner and provides a nice place of comfort.    Having spent most of my life in Oklahoma, I never thought very much of the arts scene in Oklahoma City. However, after visiting the Civic Center Music Hall, it has changed my perspective on things. I look forward to the next event I able to attend at this building. 
~ Brad Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment