Monday, November 24, 2014

Jaxon Mitchell 10


Auslander Condos in Red River, NM. My grandparents have owned this condo in Red River longer than I have been alive. When I was younger we would come here every thanksgiving as a family and enjoy the first snowfalls of the season. For most places the thanksgiving holiday is the resorts opening weekend. This is where I learned to ski at the early age of 4 and I have loved it ever since. Red River is a small mountain town that survives on tourists and the mountain. The runs are not the best if you are an expert skier, but it is the perfect place to take your family to learn and have one of the best overall mountain experiences. I remember looking forward to this trip every single year. Most of the time I would not be able to sleep the night before because of the excitement. We no longer go over thanksgiving anymore because it is hard for my grandmother to get around but every once in a while my sister or I will invite friends up there for a ski trip. This is another one of my favorite places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment