Thursday, November 20, 2014

Austin Harvanek 7


This is the Mcalester High School Football field. I spent many friday nights here whether it was playing ball or watching from the stands as a little kid. When I was younger I was always here on friday nights to watch the Buffs play ball. We would run around jumping and screaming and we would always go to the hill on the south end of the field to play our own little pick up gain. In Junior high we would play here and it was always the best feeling in the world at that time and I couldnt wait to play on it as a high schooler. Finally I got there it it felt just as good as I always thought it would. There is not a feeling in the world like playing under the friday night lights and hearing the whole town cheering you on. I would give anything to go back and play one more game here. I just hope i get to watch my own kids play here too and i hope they feel the same way i do about it. I made so many memories on this field and grew as brothers with so many guys. This field also taught me a lot of lessons about life and i promise i wont ever forget a moment i had when i was out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment