Sunday, September 28, 2014

Alexandra Bradford #6

This is Dale Hall Tower on campus.

My dad has had his office here since we moved to Norman almost 20 years ago. I don't remember this, but my sister and I got separated from my parents on the eighth floor. We got into an elevator and on the way down and as the story goes you could hear screams reverberating down each level.

Sometimes I would be with my dad in his office. While he worked, I would color or play with the couple of little toys he kept in a file drawer. I remember the vending machines always being a big draw. My sister and I would make fake flyers advertising free donuts and coffee and post them on the bulletin boards.

Later on when my sister was in college, occasionally I would hang out with them in his office. She would play mahjong on the computer. I don't remember what I did. I probably messed around with the things in his office like his Vietnam helmet and picture frames.

I don't know how I feel about this building. I'm not super fond of these memories, so DHT isn't that meaningful. I picked it because of how much time I've spent there.

No comments:

Post a Comment