Thursday, September 18, 2014

post 5 Alexandra Bradford

Stella, Modern Italian Cuisine Restaurant in Oklahoma City

Once a vintage-looking gas station, Stella was retrofitted into the fun classy bar and restaurant it is today. There are four rooms: (1) the Eames room, named after the style of chair they use; (2) the Knoll room (if I remember correctly, also named after the elegant furniture); (3) the Cavalieri room, named after the beautiful Italian opera singer; the wallpaper in this room is a print of her repeated potrait; (4) the Fornasetti room, named after the painter who was infatuated by her.

I worked here for only a couple of months, but you could feel the influence of Italy melded with an American flair from the structure of the building. As a guest, I think you would feel the sense of pride and passion the owner has for the business. However, the environment is relaxed and inviting, while at the same time allowing for a fancy night out with a significant other.

Personally, my feelings toward this building come from the time I worked there. I wasn't handling stress too well, the commute to work was almost two hours every day (more than I expected it to be), and although I finished my two weeks notice, I didn't show up for a catering event I agreed to work for them after I finished there. It doesn't matter the reason, because any would be an excuse. I learned a lot here, and I worked hard to be a successful server, which I accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment