Friday, October 24, 2014

Post 9 Alexandra Bradford



The Inn Marin; Novato, CA
Designed by Alexandra Ray

This is where I stayed in Novato for the conference over the weekend. What made an impression was its environmental initiative. I'm pretty sure they have an LEED silver rating, and some of their practices include sustainable bamboo floors (more efficient carbon sequestration and faster growth) and water conservation (low flow fixtures). The building itself made me feel like I was on a road trip. It was more like a motel, small and quaint. The guests staying there were all different. We were next to a guy who I think was a construction worker and staying there. He and his buddies were loud and woke up really early to go to work. There was a family with a crying baby on the other side. I guess the building just imparted this homely feel, but the environmental sustainability it practiced was cool to see in action. These kinds of practices and certifications are sweeping over the bay area there.

No comments:

Post a Comment